Saturday, June 28, 2014

I Found Something New!

Hello!
I was reading my new HGTV magazine, (big surprise there) and found a page about this tool called Chip-It. Basically, you go to the Sherwin Williams website, upload a photo to Chip-it and it will create a customized color palette based on colors in the photo! I was curious, so I uploaded a picture of one of my pieces and...

"Love Story" Palette by Chip-It!

OH MY GOSH! It worked perfectly! So, then I got super excited and uploaded about a hundred photos! COOLEST THING EVER!

"Spring Song" Color palette by Chip-It!
For the most part, Chip-It is pretty accurate, and I suppose it would be useful if you wanted to paint a room to match your favorite pair of shoes or something. :)


In other news, I made this beauty and fell in love with the color scheme.

"Mother of Dragonflies"

 Something magical happens when bright, shiny colors contrast with rustic earthy tones.

Close up of Golem bead
I used a beautiful dragonfly lentil bead from Golem Design Studio as the focal, and just pulled the rest of the colors from that. I also used mauve glass seed beads from Indonesia, large smokey colored resin rounds, and a cute antique pewter button!

Close up artsy shot :)


This beauty needs a good home and is available for sale in my Etsy Shop!



And... Of course I had to Chip-It!


With love from LoveWix!

Jade




No comments:

Post a Comment