Friday, January 2, 2015

Resolution

This post is a bit different from my normal lighthearted posts...

On that note...
I have a confession to make...

I lost my best friend seven years ago.
The moment I found out that the light had left her eyes...
I began building a wall.

Brick by brick I shut out everyone I ever cared about. I have spent years living in a castle of my own design. Meant to keep my heart safe from ever feeling that pain again.

From a distance I have watched the world change around me. I have watched my younger sister blossom into the most beautiful flower I have ever seen. I have watched as my younger brothers grew to be taller than me.

I have witnessed the burning of all my bridges.
I have felt the rigid cold of my sky raining ashes.


Now, seven years too late, I say it is time to open the doors.

I am sorry for keeping myself at a distance.
For the endless charade I have lost myself in.
For giving up on making friends before I even try and watching idly as the years pass me by.

This is me.

Seven years later... Finally resurfacing.

Can you forgive me?


Love Always,
Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment