Thursday, July 24, 2014

For The Love Of Cookies!

I don't know if it is physically possible for me to accurately explain the depth of my love for cookies. I want to hug the person responsible for their existence. I want to roll around in them and spend an eternity picking cookie crumbs out of my hair. Okay... maybe a bit too far there...

The point is, as a baker there is no greater joy then to bake the perfect batch of cookies and watch as friends and family devour them with happiness in their eyes and warmth in their hearts. That is the power of the cookie. You cannot eat a cookie and be angry at the same time. No. When you bite into a fresh baked cookie and the sugary grains of goodness dissolve on your tongue, the world becomes a better place for a moment and worry melts away. 

Aren't they beautiful?!?!
I made chocolate almond raspberry jam thumbprint cookies. I have been working on this recipe for years now, and I finally got it right yesterday. I decide that my recipes are "right" when I believe they can no longer be improved. My baking philosophy if you will.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
 When I am writing recipes, versatility is always a priority. I like to develop my own base recipes that I can easily add new elements to because I don't particularly like baking 30 of the exact same cookie. To me, that is wasted potential.

In love with raspberries at the moment
 This is why you will always see several variations of the same cookie in every batch I bake. 

Variety is the spice of life

Eventually, I would like to do a tutorial on my recipe, but until then, just convo me if you would like the recipe.  

With love from LoveWix,

Jade



No comments:

Post a Comment