Thursday, June 19, 2014

Introduction

Might as well get this over with...
Hello everyone! My name is Jade, and i'm a beadaholic.
I live in the beautiful state of Maine, and enjoy a good cup of coffee.
 If you can believe it, I spent weeks trying to figure out what to put in my very first blog post. Today, I finally decided to just jump into it. I thought I would start off by showing you some of my work, and go from there!

A close up of some of my lovelies!
I made these beads with polymer clay and paint. I love the texture!

These are also polymer clay with rose petal inclusions!
I like the way the dried rose petals show through the clay. It really gives them an earthy look and feel.

Stellar Waves
These beads have a super cool texture, and they remind me of little planets. I had a lot of fun playing with the color in these.

Three of my favorite pieces
Here is an example of my finished work. I am a huge fan of artist made beads (but you probably already knew that) and I use a lot of them in my pieces.

Close up of cute flower clasp!
In the piece above, I used a gorgeous flower lentil bead from Golem Design Studio, and the coolest sea foam green glass seed beads from one of my favorite shops ever, Yukidesigns. (Wicked sale going on right now too! Head over there now to buy some goodies before the shop goes on vacation.)

Close up of Golem Design Studio lentil!
This one will be hard to part with. I must have been in a blue/green/ocean mood in the studio that day because everything I made came out with the same theme. Again, more glass seed beads from Yuki in dark teal.

Love it!
And, sticking with the nautical theme, of course I used a mermaid clasp. Laugh all you want, the Little Mermaid was my hero when I was kid. :)

My most favorite
This is my favorite design from the studio that day. More glass beads from Yuki including the larger glass rounds! I love the look of etched glass and wood together. Almost like they were meant to be. <3

Well, I suppose that should do for the day. Everything I showed you today is available for sale here.

How did I do for my first post?

Jade


No comments:

Post a Comment