Monday, April 13, 2015

Local Love - Scrummy Afters!

Good news! The snow is melting!
The bad news.... I have never seen this much mud in my life. Our driveway is a giant mud pit of death that is virtually impossible to avoid. I suppose it could be worse.

Besides, I have grown fond of the little Zelda sized foot prints all over the house. -_-
Whose idea was it to get a dog?

I digress.

Recently, I have been spending my weekends face painting at birthday parties. A good friend of mine, Hilary Davis, owns the coolest, most wonderful candy store I have ever seen, and they have a backroom dedicated to parties and fun events!

Introducing... Drum-roll please.... Scrummy Afters Candy Shop!!!

Eeeeeep!
This gem is located in Hallowell, Maine, along with several other local favorites. How cute is this?!


Main floor
In my 24 years, I have been to more candy stores than I can count. I have eaten my way through jawbreakers the size of my face, and I have conquered the wall of Jelly Belly jelly beans 10 times over. But I have NEVER been to a candy store like this. No. This place is... dare I say... Magical!

Halloween decor
Scrummy's is the brain-child of the ever so talented Hilary Davis. She changes up the decor every few weeks, so it never grows old. Like the Neverland of candy stores. (Oh snap! Peter Pan puns!)

Dr. Seuss day in Scrummy Hall!
The real magic happens in Scrummy Hall. This is the back room that Hilary converted into a multi-purpose/ party room! Perfect for birthday parties! And so versatile! Nick and Hilary threw me a surprise birthday party here for my 24th, and it was the best birthday ever.

"Frozen" birthday decor
 I can only imagine what it must be like for children. This place must be a dream come true for little princes and princesses all across the realm!

Fall Decor
See what I mean about the versatility? I could post pretty pictures all day long, but you will have to see this place in person to experience the magic. You can visit their fabulous website here.


That's it for this Local Love post! If you know of a local place that deserves some love from LoveWix, let me know in comments below!

With love from LoveWix,

Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment